With the evolution of digital marketing, there has been a paradigm shift in how every business started marketing themselves. Restaurant Business has also reformed their marketing strategies with Digital Marketing specifically in Inbound Marketing. Restaurant Business used to promote in local hoardings, Local Newspaper through huge investment in buying ads (TV, Banners, Magazines and newspaper), buying email lists, indulging in cold calling, all of which are considered as and prospects are also not likely to pay attention to any of these outbound activities.
Now entire game has been transformed into where
Hubspot found that 54% more leads are generated by inbound tactics than traditional paid marketing.
So now let’s look at how Restaurants can adopt Inbound Marketing strategies to attract more audience
You may think here for Restaurants everyone is audience. Then what is the need of identification of audience in restaurant business. But in case of Restaurant Business also audience identifications are equally important. For example if it is a bar or pub your target audience will be younger generation whereas for multicuisine restaurant it can be family audience.
So after identifying the audience do a thorough research on
- Target segment profile
- Target Segment locality
- Social platform they are active on
- Curated articles they share, like or comments on this social platforms
Goals and objectives should be well defined and measurable. Now to have a better understanding of goals Identify
- Is it awareness
- Repeat Customers
- New Customers
- Social Media Marketing shares / Likes
Based on these objectives, you need to:
- 3 attributes when I say action here:
- – Destination of your campaign where you want your prospect to perform an activity like Booking a Table, Filling up query form, availing discount coupon etc.
- – where your prospect will share details with you showing interest in your restaurant
- – Finally prospect shows interest by clicking call to action button like booking a table, ordering home delivery, filling up query form etc.
- Strategizing content emphasizes on 2 important aspects:
- Content Creation : Decide what kind of Content you will be creating.
- Content Distribution : Finally which are ideal platforms for you to distribute those content
According to , 88% business uses content marketing. However, if you’ve been trying hard for many months, but becomes blank whenever you think of writing for your Restaurant Business — you may be feeling a little bit frustrated. If you follow a proper methodology for creating content, it can be an easy journey for most of the Restaurant Owners
- Value Added – Attractive Food images, Food Tips, Few easy recipes
- Food Items Benefits story
- Shared Experience
- Vision & inspirational Messages
- Text rarely has any impact.
Once you decided the type of content you can pick up the content format – best way to deliver that content. You can leverage same content in different formats too.
Creating high quality restaurant will not bring you business unless you know how to market that. Similar is the case of Content. Content distribution is as important as creating high quality content.
So here are few steps how can you strategize your content distribution:
1. Add your content in your Restaurant website – be it in blog or web page. Give a link to recent content in your homepage.
2. . Use tags to define your keywords properly. Define Alt Tag if you are sharing any image.
3. Distribute it within your network:
- to your own database
- Share it within your social network – facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- like Food Bloggers, Chefs etc
- Share with youtube channel
4. Distribute outside your network: All Food Bloggers Network, Local communities etc
Analyzing your each every content over each media will help you decide next step forward. .
You can analyze content performance with google analytics (when you are analyzing your website) and social media analytics (like facebook Insights, Twitter analytics).
- Parameters that you can analyze:
- What campaigns or content drove visitors to your website
- The domains that referred your site’s traffic.
- The keywords people searched in order to find your site
- How many visits you got with a particular campaign
- Whether the people on your site are new or returning visitors
- Demographic data such as what country they are visiting from
- How long visitors spend on your website
These were all strategies to setup inbound marketing for any Restaurant Business. Your brand is all about you. It tells the world about your uniqueness and what makes you compelling. It’s beyond the company you work for and your role in it. So blogging, tweeting, social media– all talks about you as brand which at the end influence your work and business.
Trilyo is a smart restaurant assistant or app that collects all your restaurants’ information from sales, promos, social media, payments, feedback across all channels to help you investigate customer better. We believe when you have deep insight about your guests, you can sell better.