According to India Foodtech Market By Operation Type, By Source of Order, By Payment Method, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021, the foodtech market in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 12% during 2016-2021. Over the last couple of years, the country’s foodtech market has been witnessing huge fund inflows from domestic as well as foreign investors.(source) The Indian F&B sector has experienced robust growth of around 16%–17% over the past three to five years and currently accounts for a share of approximately 1.6% of the total consumer wallet.(source) There lies a huge profit in restaurant industry business but in order to attain higher profit margins, attracting new customers to your restaurant is equally important as maintaining a great rapport with the old customer.
Here are some 6 Restaurant Promotion Ideas that will definitely attract new customers to your restaurant:
1. Local SEO for Restaurant
As we know how location plays a key role in our profit margins so does “GOING LOCAL” formula. A good Local SEO will fetch great ROI and one of the key Restaurant Promotion Ideas
- Your public email address should be on your own business domain rather than a generic email service provider like Gmail.
- Have your business listed in Google My Business, Thanks to cPrax Internet Marketing team for sharing youtube video : How to setup your google my business page
- Create local content for earning links, social media following and press mentions.
- Use more local ingredients if feasible for ensuring freshness as well as supporting community
- Sponsor a local team of hockey or cricket or any other event
2. Host events
Host special festival events or theme parties to attract new customers to your restaurant. Go loud about the event by using social media, distributing flyers in the area and putting up banners for advertising the event. Customer appreciation events show that you care for your customers. For example new year party theme can serve as an excellent promotional campaign to make people aware about your restaurant as depicted in the pic.
source : http://pali-beach-resort.com/new-year-eve-2016-party-mumbai-resort.htm
3. Create your business listings online
Any new customer will first try to search you online. So it is very important to have your presence online in the sites like FoodPanda and Zomato (restaurant specific sites), Just Dial (the current day yellow pages), GoogleMaps (making your location easily accessible), Facebook Page, twitter handle and your own website in order to attract new customers to your restaurant. Business listing helps you with many options to promote your brand, following is an example of Zomato for the same.
4. Manage customer reviews
Any new customer when trying to locate you, online or offline, will first try to check out your restaurant reviews. Increase the number of positive reviews and address well to the negative ones. So managing customer reviews is as important as new restaurant promotion ideas.Here are some ways you can incorporate:
- Remind your customers to leave feedback on Google. Simply reminding customers that it’s quick and easy to leave feedback on Google on mobile or desktop can help your business stand out from sites with fewer reviews.
- You can place in links to your listing presences on your website and social media pages.
- Never ignore the negative reviews, as they will be the eye-catchers for new customers. Answer with a sincere apology and try to fix the issue, if need be take it offline and fix it.
- You can dedicate a website section to posting reviews from your customers and add some video reviews from your loyal customers there.
- Use social listening tools and take action to make your customer feel that you really care for them.
5. Be UNIQUE
Think Unique, Be Unique is the latest Mantra to attract people. Uniqueness is a key to attracting new visitors. Customers are always attracted to unique style of serving, unique ambience, unique dishes. These are the highly impressed customers which will make you the talk of the town and attract many more new customers at your restaurant. Customers cherish to see unique stuff, rather than the same old stuffs. It is highly advisable to have at least 3 to 5 unique recipes which are your unique specialities and up selling them in a healthy way will attract new customers to your restaurant.
6. Exploit technology to the max!
Use technology to promote your restaurant to a new customer base in some such ways:
- Have a good smart phone in the kitchen to click photos of the dishes when freshly prepared and upload them live on the social media sites like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
- Encourage customers to take pictures of your dishes as well as restaurant architecture and upload on social media sites with the place check-in. Dedicated backdrop for taking photos can be created. For example BBQ Nation encouraging customer to upload their picture and videos on their page.
- Use technologies with the restaurant for a smart POS system that assists customers efficiently.
That sums up our smart strategies to bring in new customers and promoting your restaurants! Hopefully you can put these restaurant promotion ideas.
We, at Trilyo, applying these tricks exploit the technology to the fullest for internal operations of the restaurant as well as for information gathering from social medias.