Even in our very own online, interconnected world, it is easy to become disconnected or disembodied from the market. After all, when you don't often get to meet and greet live people, it is easy for your customers to just become statistics. Once your business loses the human touch, it will lose its soul and become a machine. In this blog, we will see how chatbots can automate few every day tasks and hotel customer service for a better customer engagement by redefining customer experience and taking it to a whole new level. Let’s see some interesting facts about AI and what will happen in the imminent future:
- By 2020, thanks to Artificial Intelligence, 85% of all customer interactions will be handled without a human agent
- Resolving customer service issues before they arise could significantly lower customer abandonment rates
- AI, chatbots and automated, self-service technologies free up call center employees from routine tier-1 support requests so they can easily focus on more complex tasks
If we talk about hotels, customer service is part and parcel of a guests’ everyday existence. In fact, it should be the very reason for our existence and not a chore to be endured. Good businesses relish giving great service to their guests. and they subsequently enjoy success because we all know that happy customers are the reasons for happier hotel business. When a hotel have satisfied customers, they not only help grow their business by continuing to do business with them, but the guests also recommend a customer to their friends and associates as well which comes under word-of-mouth marketing. So, let's educate ourselves by knowing how a chatbot is useful and how can it make our everyday lives easy and clutter-free.
1. Chatbots for custom-tailored recommendations: Chatbots are the most ideal stuff for customer centric-businesses and destinations. A conversational bot can serve as 24/7 front-end customer care specialist & they are capable of totally transforming visitor servicing in destinations after hours. Frequently asked questions and inquiries can be answered any time of the day or night, including when travelers are arriving at a hotel and the visitor information centre/welcome centre is closed. With chatbots, the check-in/out is a cakewalk because you don’t have to wait for the staff to solve your query and you can employ them for better human touch whenever required.
Chatbots can also render hyper-personalized recommendations based on a guest’s behavior and preference by promoting relationship management and taking your hotel bookings to a whole new level and boosting your revenue. This may sound as a contradiction, but bots are really great at managing relationships with human beings. With thoughtful pre-programming and applying the latest NLP norms to build a bot, a chatbot can supplement the entire travel/stay experience in a hotel, beginning with automated pre-arrival reminders, to suggesting nearby entertainment spots and transportation facilities at destination. Do you know about the best part of employing chatbots- they stays with the guests right from the pre-booking/arrival stage to post-departure and can automate your customer service so that you can manage your time effectively and efficiently.
2. Available round the clock: Your live chat support staff need sleep — but your chatbot doesn’t. Customers' needs often arise outside of business hours (it’s true!), so they need a way to seek out answers to vital questions at times when customers service staff members are unavailable. Chatbots offer customers the opportunity to get answers to their questions at any time, so they don't have to wait for a response from a voicemail or email message. The best chatbots for hotels can also offer the customer the feeling of conversing with a live operator at any time.
On an average, a guest spend 7 minutes until they are assigned to an agent. Those days are gone where you will have to wait for the next available operative. Bots are replacing live chat and other forms of contact such as emails and phone calls. Since chatbots are basically virtual robots-- they never get tired and continue to obey your command. They will continue to operate every day throughout the year without requiring to take a break. This improves your customer service and satisfaction and helps you rank highly in your niche.
3. Q for Queries & Quick Response: Instead of calling the front-desk and other concerned departments of the hotel, a chatbot can quickly resolve frequent enquiries without any human intervention. In general course, the bot will notify the hotel staff if an issue needs to be attended in personal. So, to attain this, it is necessary to feed bot with information that could resolve your customer’s queries. From room tariffs to check-ins/out, in-room services to suggested touring or sightseeing packages-- pre-load your bot with anything and everything for your customer throughout their journey, and your business. And voila, there you’ve it- a smart, round-the-clock personal assistant for your hotel!
Although some chatbots are designed to simulate human intelligence, other systems have been developed around the idea of letting computers do the things that they were built to do: handle dull or repetitive tasks, such as calculations or database searches. David Cancel, CEO of chatbot development firm Drift, wrote that the goal of a chatbot should not be to create a perfect simulation of a human conversation but to satisfy the customer's needs. “A brand shouldn’t try to build a human-like chatbot,” Cancel told in a seminar, “a great chatbot should be able to take actions that maximize their chances of success toward achieving particular goals.” And if a customer’s goal happens to involve asking to have their password rest for the fourth time in a week — your chatbot won't mind!
4. Say toodle-oo to IVR: We all know that one of the biggest complaints that a customer has regarding the customer service process is the use of interactive voice response (IVR) systems during phone calls to customer support (we all know that it can be hectic at times!). These systems always ask the customer questions and route the customer's call based on their voice responses. IVR systems are highly intricate & structured when it comes to routing the customer through each response until it reaches the pre-programmed destination.
A conversational bot, on the contrary, can be used in a similar way, but with less IVR-like frustration! The customer feels that their voice is being heard and understood, while the chatbot can try to lead them towards either an answer based on previous situations or to a customer care representative.
5. Lead Generation with bots: Now, if you want your customer’s information, you give them a form to fill in, right?. But they’re boring, and often far too long! If the customer decides to fill it in anyway, they’ll do so quite reluctantly. A chatbot, on the other hand, spruces the situation up and lightens it up. Chatbots can get the same information that any form can — but without the friction and cognitive load that you get when you’re staring down a form with 11 required fields, which, if you can believe it, is the industry average.
6. A self-service platform for millennials: The way in which customer service interactions are resolved is already evolving. The majority of millennials now avoid situations, where typically a human interaction is required and they prefer to have self-service options instead of an assisted one. A recent customer service study revealed that 72% of millennials believe a phone call is not the best way to resolve their customer service issue since its time consuming!
These tech-savvy millennials prefer to solve their own customer service issues, turning to self-service solutions including FAQs, forums, and online chatbots. With the coming next generation who are expected to be even more self-reliant, the automated customer service technologies (chatbots!) will be crucial in responding to these human-free, digital-only interactions.
Now for the sake of bigger picture, businesses that do not to adapt risk is a failure in communicating effectively with the next generation of consumers which can negatively impact the customer journey and ultimately the business’ bottom line (for obvious reasons we don’t want that!).
So, now you know how you can utilize a chatbot to its fullest for bettering the customer service in hotels. Schedule a demo with Trilyo and we will tell you how can you make your guests say WOW every time they visit your hotel and make their stay wondrous with AI-powered chatbot.